Ep 202 – Hourglass Cosmetics Founder Carisa Janes: “I Want The Makeup Artist Inside The Makeup, Because I’m Not A Makeup Artist.”
December 8, 2021
Get ready to officially toast the holiday szn with the Queen of Sheen, Hourglass Cosmetics founder Carisa Janes. The Newport Beach native and Urban Decay alum reveals how she dreamed up Hourglass Cosmetics back in 2004, formulating the “makeup artist” touch right into the luxury products and ushering in a decade of highlighting obsession in the process. Listen in as Carisa tells the story behind the best-selling Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders – designed to mimic the flattering effect of candlelit skin – inspired by a literal light bulb moment.
Plus, Carisa reveals the personal reason why she’s so passionate about cruelty-free, her plans for expansion to reach even more makeup lovers next year, and just why her latest launch of refillable eyeshadow palettes may cause legit sticker shock. The celebrity who put Hourglass on the map, her top tip for applying Ambient finishing powders, and the one drugstore product she can’t live without – don’t miss our chat with Carisa Janes in her first podcast interview evah!
Products Mentioned In This Episode:
Note that while our editorial isn’t swayed by affiliate links, we do use ’em to help support our show!
- Hourglass Vanish Airbrush Concealer
- Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
- Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara
- Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Mascara
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Volume I
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Volume III
- Hourglass Ambient Finishing Brush No. 7
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation
- Hourglass Equilibrium Intensive Hydrating Eye Balm
- Hourglass Curator Eyeshadow Palette (Re-Fillable)
- Morpheus8 Fractional Treatment
- Amika Polished Perfection Thermal Straightening Brush
- Vita Liberata Body Blur Instant HD Skin Finish
- Salt & Stone Lavender & Sage Deodorant
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
Thank you to our show partners. When you support them, you support the creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Ana Luisa is a jewellery brand that makes simple, gorgeous pieces you’ll reach for every day. We absolutely recommend checking out Ana Luisa. We love them because their pieces start at just $39, and their sales are up to 25% off! Get your Holiday gift on, and visit https://shop.analuisa.com/breaking #analuisany
Nutrafol is a 100% drug-free oral supplement that’s clinically shown to improve hair growth and thickness with less shedding. You can grow thicker, healthier hair AND support our show by going to Nutrafol.com and entering the promo code BREAKING to save $15 OFF your first month’s subscription.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer lotions and face mist sunscreens provide safe, lightweight, non-greasy sun protection that’s ideal for every day. They absorb quickly, leaving skin feeling soft, clean and fresh with a shine-free finish. Visit www.neutrogena.ca for information on the products and www.melanomanetwork.ca for more on melanoma prevention.