Ep 241 – 10 Healthy Hair Habits You Should Adopt ASAP, According to Pros
August 31, 2022
In partnership with Nutrafol, we’re hitting reset on our fall hair routine to help unlock our fullest, bounciest strands ever. Joining us to help untangle the do’s and don’ts of healthy hair are Dr. Chesahna Kindred, board-certified dermatologist and founder of Kindred Hair & Skin Center in Columbia, Maryland, along with Sam Archer, VP of Product Marketing & Innovation at Nutrafol – and the mastermind behind their clinically-tested supplements and brand new scalp microbiome haircare collection.
Listen in to learn the 10 healthy hair habits most recommended by Pros:
- Balanced Diet: foods that lean into healthy hair, and why vegans could be most at risk for hair thinning.
- Vitamins & Supplements: why targeted ingredients aren’t a silver bullet solution to combat hair loss, and what to invest in instead.
- Shower Power: whether you *really* need to buy that hard water filter you saw on TikTok.
- Shampoo 101: why protecting your microbiome is goal #1, whether co-washing may be harmful for hair growth and the one ingredient you should absolutely avoid on a label.
- Scalp Toning: the rise of hair essences and who benefits from this skincare-inspired step.
- Scalp Exfoliating: how often should you go the extra mile.
- Hair Slugging: why a decades-old hack still holds up today.
- Home Remedies: fermented rice water vs. apple cider vinegar – the reason only one of these TikTok trends is worth your time.
- Hair Brushing: why the age-old “100 strokes” adage leads to more breakage than shine.
- Get Support: the telltale signs that your hair thinning is beyond normal, when to seek professional help and how to find a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss.
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Nutrafol Root Purifier Scalp Cleanser Shampoo
- Nutrafol Strand Defender Lightweight Protective Conditioner
- Nutrafol Build-Up Blocker Scalp Exfoliator
- Nutrafol Stress Reliever For Itchy Scalp
- Nutrafol Core For Women
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
Thank You To Our Show Partner! When You Support Them, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Nutrafol is the #1 dermatologist-recommended hair growth supplement, clinically shown to improve hair growth, thickness and visible scalp coverage. Learn more about Nutrafol’s new Scalp Microbiome haircare range and to try Nutrafol yourself, use code BREAKING on Nutrafol.com for $15 off the first month’s subscription (new customers only).