Ep 248 – Tracee Ellis Ross On Her Ageless Skincare Secrets, Deets On The New Hair Tales Documentary and One Thing No One Knows About Her
October 19, 2022
LIVE from the Dear Media Studio in LA, it’s Tracee Ellis Ross! Multi-award-winning actress, producer, beauty CEO, comedienne and fashion guru – we’re talking hair, nostalgia, turning 50 and the joy of making your own lunch.
Best known for her lead roles in the television series Girlfriends and ABC’s comedy series Black-ish, Tracee opens up about aging, plastic surgery and Hollywood’s return of the “waif-period.” Plus, we get the deets on Tracee’s personal fitness, skincare and makeup secrets, including the exact products she blends to create her signature ombré red lip.
Most importantly, we’re chatting hair! Tracee explains why Pattern Beauty isn’t just another celebrity beauty line – the haircare brand widely lauded for celebrating and empowering curly, coily and tight-textured hair types, took 10 years and 76 test skus to create.
On the cusp of her upcoming six-part docuseries, THE HAIR TALES, debuting October 22nd on Hulu and OWN, Tracee explains why she’s shining a light on women, beauty and identity through the distinctive lens of Black hair. Tracee reveals what she learned as co-executive producer – and what it was like to interview Oprah Winfrey.
More of What You’ll Discover In This Episode:
- Tracee’s fondest memories growing up playing in the glamorous dressing rooms of her mother Diana Ross, and the best advice she learned
- Tracee’s personal hair journey, from relaxing, ironing, beer (!) and ultimately, meeting her hair where it is
- Why she’s a tongue-scraping devotee
- Madame Hiver’s beauty routine (as told in her alter ego’s voice!)
- A sneak peek into Tracee’s next project, a 10-episode podcast series titled I Am America, produced in partnership with Dear Media.
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Mac Ruby Woo Matte Lipstick
- Mac Lip Pencil in Cherry
- Pattern Beauty Leave In Conditioner
- Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge
- Ourself Lip Conditioner
- Ourself Lip Filler
- Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant
- Biologique Recherche Creme Masque Vernix
- Biologique Recherche Masque Visolastine+
- Biologique Recherche Collagen Face Mask
- May Lindstrom Botanical Face Mist
- May Lindstrom The Blue Cocoon
- May Lindstrom Supercharged Body Oil
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Anti-Aging Body Cream
- Retrouvé Intensive Replenishing Facial Moisturizer
- Pattern Beauty Curl Mousse
- Pattern Beauty Detangling Nectar
- Boka Tongue Cleaner
- Pause Well-Aging Fascia Stimulating Tool
- Faith Ringold Art
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
BetterHelp online therapy offers video, phone, and even live chat-only therapy sessions. Our listeners get 10% off their first month at BetterHelp.com/BEAUTY.
Macy’s is your one-stop shop to make your style statement. Head on over to macys.com/starrewards. When you’re a Macy’s Star Rewards member, you’ll earn rewards on every purchase except gift cards, services and fees.
With Pair Eyewear, changing up your frames is easier than ever. Just snap on a new design to transform your look whenever the mood strikes. Go to paireyewear.com/Beauty15 for 15% off your first purchase.