Ep 288 – What Too Faced Co-Founder Jerrod Blandino is Banking On Next: Diamond Care, Makeup Without Trolls and That Upcoming Madonna Beauty Collab
July 26, 2023
Jerrod Blandino is the legendary co-founder who turned glitter eyeshadow and “Better Than Sex” mascara into a breakthrough, $1.45 billion dollar idea with Too Faced Cosmetics. Now, along with his partner of 28 years, Jeremy Johnson, Jerrod is back with a brand new venture: Toy Box Brands, a startup incubator rolling out with an opulent, diamond care system that he likens to a beauty ritual for your jewels.
Tune in as Jerrod reveals the ethos behind this very personal debut (including a story about his own Elizabeth Taylor diamonds) along with a sneak peek into his next act, a performance-smashing makeup line called Polite Society, launching August 27th. Plus, we get the inside scoop on his upcoming capsule collection with Madonna and so.much.more.
In this episode you’ll also hear:
- How Jerrod went from being fired from nearly every department store gig to the front lines of the beauty history
- The little known details behind the iconic Better Than Sex Mascara, the #1 best-selling mascara in the U.S.
- Why his new makeup line is set to top all of his cult-fave creations of the past, including a lip plumper he claims may be “too much” for some
- What he thinks mineral oil and social media trolls have in common
- The intimate story behind his collaboration with muse and lifelong friend, Madonna, for her upcoming tour
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Too Faced Twinkle Twinkle Liquid Eyeshadow
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Diamond Drunk
- Polite Society Makeup – Launching at Ulta August 2023
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support the Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
If you always have a flashlight on hand for a blackout or a first-aid-kit on hand for emergencies, then you need a Reliefband for those unexpected nausea moments. We’ve got an exclusive offer just for BREAKING BEAUTY listeners. If you go to Reliefband.com and use promo code BEAUTY you’ll receive 20% off plus free shipping.
For all the inspo and must-haves you need this summer, visit macys.com/ownyourstyle. And if you need a little help finding your style footing, pair up with a Macy’s Personal Stylist. Best of all, it’s totally free, so head on over to macys.com/personalstylist to book your appointment today.