Ep 209 - The #DamnGood Skin Barrier-Boosting Creams We’ll Use Forever
“Barrier Repair” is a big beauty buzzword - but what does it really mean? Today we’re bringing you a little Skin Barrier 101, along with a roundup of our #damngood skin-saving favorites.
Our speed round format returns as we count down the #DamnGood items we’re lusting for this holiday szn, from the luxury finds we really have to be on Santa’s “nice” list to receive, to the money-saving Sephora kits you may still be able to snap up post-Black Friday. For the Bougie friend on your list, we give you our TLDR take on Gucci’s haute holiday eye palette, Hermes’ debut nail lacquer collection, Balmain’s Jenner-worthy claw clip and more. Plus, Jill reveals the one Advent Calendar that won’t make you feel guilty (savings and good-feels galore!), the brand new foundation that’s #1 on her personal wish list and Carlene reveals the surprise (green!) item that’s made her Xmas list two years running.
A few of our fave things! Lisa Eldridge’s
new Seamless Skin Foundation; Gucci
Beauty’s Palette des Yeux; Loewe Home
Products Mentioned In This Episode:
*Note that every product recommended by Breaking Beauty Podcast is independently selected, though some products you buy through the below links may earn us a commission.*
- Gucci Palette Beauté Des Yeux (US) or at Holt Renfrew in Canada
- Les Mains Hermes Nail Enamel in Rouge H, Brun Bistre, Orange Boîte and Jaune Imperial
- Les Mains Hermes Nail Files
- Les Mains Hermes Nourishing Oil
- Victoria Beckham Beauty Kajal Wardrobe
- Victoria Beckham Beauty VB’s Makeup Favourites Kit
- Balmain Pince a Cheveux Medium Hair Claw Clip
- Breaking Beauty Terry Scrunches
- Furtuna Skin Ritual Di Ristoro Restorative Ritual Set
- Lesley Hampton x The Bay Holiday Beauty Calendar (Canada)
- Lisa Eldridge Seamless Skin Foundation (See her Make-up: A Glamourous History BBC series here)
- Milk Makeup Disco Daze Prime + Set Duo
- Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette in Sunset Dreamscape
- Natasha Denona Retro Palette
- Sephora Collection Wonderful Wishes Palette
- Athletic Greens
- Canopy x The Skinny Confidential Humidifier and Aroma Diffuser
- Ouai Melrose Place Candle
PROMO CODES: Thank you to our show partners. When you support them, you support the creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Match with a licensed therapist when you go to talkspace.com and get $100 off your first month with the promo code BEAUTY.
Go to HelloFresh.com/beauty14 and use code Beauty14 for up to 14 free meals AND 3 free gifts.
Fleur and Bee
Place your order now at fleurandbee.com and use code BREAKING to get 15% off.
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*