Ep 209 - The #DamnGood Skin Barrier-Boosting Creams We’ll Use Forever
“Barrier Repair” is a big beauty buzzword - but what does it really mean? Today we’re bringing you a little Skin Barrier 101, along with a roundup of our #damngood skin-saving favorites.
We’re back with a fresh AF #damngoods episode! First up, there’s so.much.makeup news this season… We review the hotly-anticipated Rare Beauty collection by Selena Gomez, answering the question on everyone’s minds: does the foundation boasting 48 shades hold its own, or is it merely a Fenty-wannabe? Next, we weigh in on highlights from the brand new Byredo Makeup collection, a fire collab between the design-y fragrance house and badass makeup artist Isamaya Ffrench.
We also introduce you to a hurricane-proof tubing mascara, a a consciously-crafted tinted moisturizer ideal for last minute Zoom meetings, and a deeply pigmented tinted balm designed to give you that coveted, Snow White-meets-the-witch lip and cheek stain vibe. A Black-owned lipstick brand that’s partnered with Michelle Obama to get you to vote, the perf transitional cleanser that promises not to dry you out, and first impressions of the latest skincare gadget to get on your Black Friday wish list stat – consider this your sliding into fall beauty edit.
BREAKING BUZZ: Want even more of our spot-on product recommendations? Be sure to check out our chat with fellow #podfam, Everything is Fine podcast, hosted by Tally Abecassis and Kim France, where we’re serving some of our fave new cheapie but goodie beauty finds!
Products Mentioned In This Episode:
*Note that every product recommended by Breaking Beauty Podcast is independently selected, though some products you buy through the below links may earn us a commission.*
- Rare Beauty Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation
- Nars Complete Soft Matte Foundation
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
- Rare Beauty Lip Soufflé Matte Cream Lipstick
- Beauty Blender Original Makeup Sponge
- Saie Beauty Slip Cover Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Tinted Moisturizer
- Saie Mascara 101
- BeautyCounter Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer
- It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush #7
- Byredo Color Stick in Ancient, Sick Pink and Purple Stinger
- Nars The Multiple
- Byredo Sciomancer Eyeshadow 5 Colours (Available in November)
- M.A.C Powder Kiss Bliss Liquid Lip Colour in Smash & Devoted To Chili
- M.A.C Matte Lipstick in Chili
- The Lip Bar Vegan Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bawse Lady and Bawse Voter (Sold out)
- Rituel de Fille Color Nectar Pigment Balm in Blood Flower
- Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Lengthening Mascara
- Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser
- Tata Harper Water-Lock Moisturizer With Skin-Smoothing Peptides
- <pForeo Bear Facial Toning Device
- Foreo Bear Mini Facial Toning Device
- NuFace Trinity Facial Toning Device
PROMO CODES: When you support our sponsors, you support the creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Rory has a special offer just for Breaking Beauty listeners in the US. Go to hellorory.com/BEAUTY to try out nightly defense for just $5. It’s free to chat with the doctor, and your first order is just $5! That’s hellorory.com/BEAUTYEligibility requirements and additional terms apply.
Make the switch to Native Deodorant today by going to NativeDeo.com/Beauty20 or use promo code Beauty20 at checkout and get 20% off your first order.
She’s the fresh-faced entrepreneur who’s been bottling her eponymous, all-natural skincare since 2010. Today we’re chatting with eco beauty pioneer Tata Harper! With her unmistakable green glass packaging and sophisticated, earth-friendly formulas, the Colombian skincare founder succeeded in elevating the whole green beauty game at a time when organic formulas couldn’t shake their crunchy granola rep.
Marrying all-natural and luxury for the very first time in beauty history, Tata Harper is still sourcing sustainably grown ingredients from all over the world, producing award-winning formulas in small batches at her Vermont farm. In today’s episode, you’ll find out exactly why the best-selling Resurfacing Mask—rich in pink clay, willow bark and beet extract— is worth the credit card bill. (And why industry insiders like makeup artist Gucci Westman are forever fans.)
Find out which product is Carlene’s personal fave, along with Jill’s impression of her glamourous Tata Harper facial courtesy of Tata’s personal esthetician, based at Le Bristol Hotel in Paris. You won’t want to miss Tata’s incredible origin story, having graduated from industrial engineering before one fateful event would change her life forever. Tune in to hear glimpses into Tata’s fashion-filled childhood, the mother-of-three’s thoughts on what she’s calling a “Clean-washing” sham happening in the beauty industry right now, and not to be missed, Tata reveals for the first time a top-secret new range she’s been working on, set to thrill long-time Tata Harper fans (especially if you suffer from allergies, hint hint.)
Every product is independently selected by Breaking Beauty Podcast hosts and/or guests. Products you purchase through our links may earn us a commission.