Ep 235 – The Ultimate Guide to Face Serums With Dr. Sam Bunting: Find The Right One for Your Skin Type, Layering Tips and How Much $$$ You Should Spend!
July 20, 2022
Summer skincare school is in session! It’s your guide to serums with UK-based, cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Sam Bunting. Many of you will know Dr. Bunting from her popular, education-stacked YouTube channel, along with her eponymous, award-winning range, Dr Sam’s Skincare.
In this week’s episode, Dr. Bunting explains how-to find the right serum for your skin goals, answering all of your questions about when to apply it, layering do’s and don’ts and so much more, like:
- Do you really need to shell out hundreds of dollars for a serum to see results? Where to spend and where to save.
- The four, all-star skincare ingredients Dr. Bunting recommends to the majority of her patients.
- The best serum ingredients to target sensitive/rosacea-prone skin; oily skin types, pores/texture, hyperpigmentation and melasma; signs of aging.
- Which ingredient she believes is skincare’s biggest unsung hero.
- The one popular serum ingredient that she believes is “marketing gone mad.”
- The keys to retinol success.
- How-to avoid stinging from active ingredients, staying on the path to skin-changing results.
- Skincare fads: why she’s not a fan of skincare cycling or serum cocktailing.
- How long you should wait to see if your serum is working.
- A shopping list of her most recommended skincare serums.
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Skinceuticals CE Ferulic
- Obagi Professional-C Serum 10% Strength
- Obagi Professional-C Serum 20% Strength
- Timeless Skincare 20% C & E Ferulic Acid Serum
- The Ordinary 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder
- Dr. Sam’s Flawless Brightly Serum
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
- Paula’s Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster
- Avène Retrinal Advanced Correcting Serum
- Medik8 Crystal Retinal Stable Retinal Night Serum
- Dr. Sam’s Flawless Nightly Serum
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Find your OUAI. Get a customized hair routine when you take their quiz at theouai.com and use code BEAUTY to get 15% off your entire order.
BetterHelp online therapy is a platform that assess your needs and can match you with your own licensed professional therapist in less than 48 hours. Get 10% off your first month at BetterHelp.com/BEAUTY
Pair Eyewear is customizable eyewear. Get glasses as unique as you are! One pair, infinite style. Starting at just $60. Go to paireyewear.com/BEAUTY for 15% off your first purchase.
For More Skincare Tips, Check Out These Past Episodes:
Ep 220 – “Beauty Snacking”, Spray-On Moisturizers & K-Beauty Sunscreens 2.0 – It’s Your #DamnGood Spring 2022 Skincare Sampler!
Ep 212 – Are You Exfoliating Your Skin The Right Way? Featuring Rihanna-Approved Esthetician Sean Garrette
Ep 230 – Charlotte Palermino on Quitting Clean Beauty, Why Skincare Dupes Aren’t a Thing & Her First Impressions of Rhode Skin!