Ep 247- How-To Break Out Of A Makeup Rut With Boundary-Pushing Makeup Artist Donni Davy
October 12, 2022
Today, we sit down with Donni Davy, the Euphoria makeup artist responsible for an entire Gen Z beauty movement. As the Emmy Award-winning pro behind the hit HBO teen drama, Donni is responsible for the “emotional glam” face rhinestones, saturated shimmers and intense cat eyes seen on Zendaya, Sydney Sweeny, all over TikTok, the runways and even on the red carpet. The only question is, how will YOU wear it next?
Recording live from our LA studio, Donni spills her makeup bag to show us the *brand new* fall collection (launching today!) from her Half Magic cosmetics line, while spilling the goods on how-to wear “Euphoria-core” makeup for real life – and at any age. Plus, we get a surprise appearance from Half Magic head of product development Sam Sachs, who gives us the goods on the sustainability story behind the dopamine-driving lime packaging.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- All about the anti-shine complexion product she uses in place of cakey powders on set
- A no-smudge, no-hide cat eye technique
- How-to wear pink and red eye makeup – without looking like you’re sick or tired
- The “elevated, understated, grown up” way of wearing face rhinestones, according to Donni
- How-to effectively remove glitter – a trick Donni learned from Zendaya
- Donni-approved TikTok hacks for using the best-selling Half Magic Wing Magician silicone tool – beyond drawing a perfect cat eye
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Indeed Labs Nanoblur
- Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge
- Half Magic Eye Paint in Sky Juice, We Are Aliens and Spirit Guide (Best-Sellers)
- Half Magic Wing Magician Reusable Silicone Guide
- Half Magic Eye Shadow Single in Pretty Robot (the Single Donni Reaches For the Most)
- Half Magic Forever Palette
- MOB Beauty Eyeshadow Palette
- Half Magic Gems + Studs Trial Set (Donni Loves the Rose Gold Studs!)
- Half Magic Adornment Tweezers
- Half Magic Magic Flik Liquid Eyeliner
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Don’t call it makeup. This is skincare in just your shade. Find your shade of the Clinique Even Better Clinical Serum Foundation this holiday season at Clinique.com.
You can grow thicker, healthier hair and support our show by going to Nutrafol.com and entering the promo code BREAKING to save $15 off your first month’s subscription. Plus, free shipping on every order. This is their best offer anywhere and it is only available to US customers for a limited time.
For all the inspo you need, visit macys.com/ownyourstyle. If you need a little help figuring out your fall look, pair up with a Macy’s Personal Stylist.
They’ll help you put your look together, either in store or from the comfort of your home, so head on over to macys.com/personalstylist to book your FREE appointment today.
For More Amazing Founders, Check Out These Past Episodes:
Ep 238 – The Secret To Nude Lips, Unlocked With CTZN Cosmetics Founders Aleena, Aleezeh and Naseeha Khan
Ep 221 – Saie Founder Laney Crowell On What Clean Beauty Means Now, Building Best-In-Class Formulas & Introducing “The Concealer From The Future”
Ep 208 – Violette Serrat On “French Girl” Cliché, Everyday Sophistication Makeup Tricks & Her Exact Getting Un-Ready Skincare Routine