Ep 251- Everything Matilda Djerf Touches Turns To Gold: Curtain Bangs, Ballet Flats and Next, Your Preloved Trousers
November 9, 2022
If you’ve ever wondered who’s responsible for making curtain bangs, ballet flats and Hulk-sized blazers go street-viral, blame it on It Girl du jour, Matilda Djerf – the fluffy-haired, 25-year-old TikTok phenom is probably already influencing what’s in your cart – even if you don’t know it yet. She of Farrah-Fawcett locks is the Swedish entrepreneur that’s earned a devoted fan base who follow – and purchase – her every move, be it a haphazardly thrown on claw clip or the $600 Dyson Air Wrap.
Today, we sit down with the 25-year-old influencer to chat about the secrets behind #MatildaDjerfHair, why she turns down invites to Paris Fashion Week and the deets behind her sustainable and inclusive fashion brand, Djerf Avenue, set to hit sales revenues of $22 million this year alone. Plus, with news of a re-sell site set to launch any day, is Matilda Djerf starting her own beauty brand next…?!
What You’ll Discover In The Episode:
- Why Matilda won’t support certain fashion houses, and the ethics behind her own fashion brand
- How Djerf Avenue’s new circular re-sell site will work
- The celebrity skincare line, brow gel and hair product she uses to get the signature Matilda Djerf esthetic
- Why the influencer can’t get behind most drugstore beauty brands
- What she really thinks about all of those Dyson AirWrap knock-offs!
- What products she thinks are *still* missing from the beauty world
- How Matilda overcame orthorexia, and how she approaches a healthy mindset now
- The self-care habits, workout and books Matilda relies on to stay balanced
Psst! Join us over on TikTok @breakingbeautypodcast for a fun behind the scenes where Matilda shows us everything in her designer bag!
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Dyson Air Wrap
- Ouai Leave-In Conditioner
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
- Rhode Skin Peptide Glazing Fluid
- Rhode Skin Barrier Restore Cream
- Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
- Rhode Skin Peptide Lip Treatment
- Tower28 Shine On Lip Jelly
- Saie Beauty Glowy Super Gel
- It Starts With Us By Colleen Hoover
- Think Like A Monk: Train Your Mind For Peace and Purpose Every Day By Jay Shetty
- Djerf Avenue Breezy Shirt
- Djerf Avenue Forever Blazer
- Djerf Avenue Daily Tube Top
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Need holiday party outfit ideas? YOU make it style. For all the inspo you need, visit macys.com/ownyourstyle
Start a new healthy habit today. Visit seed.com/BEAUTY and use code BEAUTY to redeem 20% off your first month of Seed’s DS-01™DailySynbiotic.
Grow thicker, healthier hair and support our show by going to Nutrafol.com and entering promo code BREAKING to save $15 off your first month’s subscription. This is their best offer anywhere and it is only available to US customers for a limited time. Plus FREE shipping on every order.
For More Viral Stars, Check Out These Past Episodes:
Ep 214 – What’s Poppin’?! Meet The TikTok-Famous Makeup Artist Who’s Single-Handedly Making Beauty Products Go Viral, Mikayla Nogueira
Ep 242 – Hyram Yarbro’s 2.0: What Comes After TikTok, Canceling “Brutally Honest Reviews” & The Truth About Launching His Own Skincare Brand
Ep 230 – Charlotte Palermino on Quitting Clean Beauty, Why Skincare Dupes Aren’t a Thing & Her First Impressions of Rhode Skin!