Ep 255 – Skincare Guru Kate Somerville on Winter Skin 101, Surviving Childhood Chaos & Why Success Really is the Best Revenge
December 7, 2022
Kate Somerville is here to help us transition our skincare routine for winter! The Hollywood esthetician has tended to the faces of Meghan Markle, Demi Moore and Kate Hudson, while legions of fans adore her iconic Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, revered for improving texture and pores in 2 minutes flat.
Today, the legendary skin guru delivers her best tips for managing cold weather skin woes, along with advice on which spendy esthetic treatments to invest in – and which to avoid. But first, we get the real-and-raw backstory behind Kate’s success, including how she overcame a tumultuous childhood – and how she’s coming full circle by supporting youth today.
Content warning: Addiction is discussed.
What You’ll Discover In Today’s Episode:
- The inside scoop on the rich Hollywood history that surrounds the iconic Kate Somerville Skin Health Clinic on Melrose Place
- Which treatments celebrities are doing behind closed doors to look younger longer
- Why lasers beat chemical peels for women of a certain age – and why Kate thinks we should run from microdermabrasion
- Why the most beautiful actresses in LA-LA Land shave their faces
- What Kate does to manage her personal battle with eczema – and why cortisones aren’t it
- Her Five Daily Do’s for winter-proof skin, and what to save for summer
- Details on Kate’s philanthropic efforts with Foster Nation, including a mentorship scholarship program helping overlooked foster youth pursue careers as licensed aestheticians
Mentioned In This Episode
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
- Kate Somerville Liquid Exfolikate Triple Acid Resurfacing Treatment
- Gillette Mach 3
- Gillette Fusion 5
- Curél Itch Defense Lotion
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream
- Kate Somerville DeliKate Recovery Cream
- Kate Somerville DeliKate Recovery Serum
- Kate Somerville DeliKate Soothing Cleanser
- Kate Somerville KateCeuticals Resurfacing Overnight Peel
- Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment
- Melody Beattie, Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
You can grow thicker, healthier hair and support our show by going to Nutrafol.com and entering the promo code BREAKING to save $15 off your first month’s subscription. This is their best offer anywhere and it is only available to US customers for a limited time. Plus FREE shipping on every order.
Origins is the pioneering, nature-infused skincare brand with elevated gift sets that will surprise-and-delight everyone on your holiday shopping list. Get Origins gift sets today, available at Origins.com.
To turn your holiday home into a winter wonderland for your holiday party, check out macys.com/ownyourstyle.