Ep 261 – Lessons in Eye Makeup Magic with Lucy Boynton’s Makeup Artist Jo Baker
January 18, 2023
Today we’re sitting down with one of our dream-guest makeup artists, Jo Baker! Jo is responsible for the myriad doe eye looks seen on Lucy Boynton, as well as the sexy siren eyes as spied on Olivia Wilde. Today, Jo is opening up her expertly curated makeup bag to reveal the top products – and tricks – she’s using as red carpet szn officially kicks off this month.
But first, Jo introduces her very own makeup line, Bakeup Beauty, right here on the mic! Created with recording artist Grace Gaustad, Bakeup is blurring the lines between makeup for the metaverse and real life, with boundary-pushing hues, face textiles and adornments designed to help beauty feel joyous again.
What You’ll Discover In This Episode:
- The top 3 items always in Jo’s red carpet kit
- The makeup artist’s no-fail hack for undereye dark circles
- How-to wear bold eye colors in real life (as seen on Kathryn Hahn!)
- Gel liners vs. kohl liners vs. liquid liners – the 101 on which formula to use, when
- Steal this! The no-skills-required makeup look that slays on everyone – at every age
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Bakeup Beauty Disco Veiler
- Sisley Paris Double Tenseur
- Chanel Ultra Le Teint Ultrawear All-Day Comfort Flawless Finish Foundation
- Clé de Peau Concealer Stick
- Bakeup Up Beauty Eye Primer (Coming in 2023)
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color
- Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color
- Bakeup Eye Shadow Micro Palm Palette – Pastels
- Bakeup Eye Shadow Micro Palm Palette – Neon
- Bakeup Eye Shadow Micro Palm Palette – Primaries
- Sisley Paris So Curl Mascara
- Sisley Paris Phyto Ceres Eclat Eye Concealer
- Dermablend Concealer
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
Thank You To Our Show Sponsors, When You Support Them You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Start a new healthy habit today. Visit seed.com/BEAUTY and use code BEAUTY to redeem 20% off your first month of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic.
Bring your hair into the future with K18 Molecular Repair Hair Mask, available now at Sephora and sephora.com
For More 2023 Trends, Check Out These Past Episodes:
Ep 259 – 7 Hair Truths That Only a Hairstylist Will Tell You with Kardashian Hair Pro Andrew Fitzsimons
Ep 260 – The Ultimate Guide to 2023 Beauty Products, Trends and Ideas You’re About to See Everywhere
Ep 247- How-To Break Out Of A Makeup Rut With Boundary-Pushing Makeup Artist Donni Davy