Ep 265 – All New #DamnGood Drugstore Finds ($28 or less!) We Review *That* Mascara, An Over-Achieving Eye Cream & Does a $5 Blush Really Come Through?
February 15, 2023
The beauty gods know we’re feeling the pinch this year, and they are delivering. In this week’s episode, we’ve got all of the beauty news your pocketbook could use, sharing late-breaking details on the exciting (and surprising!) new brands coming soon to a Target near you. Then, stay tuned as we review the best #DamnGood budget finds in 2023 so far – with nothing more than $28.
This Week You’ll Hear About:
- What we really thought of the infamous “mascara-gate” formula that sent TikTok fans spiraling
- From the makers of the OG cult-favorite micellar water, behold a new gentle AF eye makeup remover for sensitive skin
- Dupe alert! Meet the $10 “grip” primer giving a popular Sephora brand a run for its money
- A $9 copycat guaranteed to give pouts that glassy glow
- The epic cream blush stick that’s a rock-bottom $5!
- The Ordinary’s new VIP cleanser gets put to the test
- Why pay more? A new hair oil and purple shampoo you’d swear came straight from the salon
- At long last, a brightening eye cream for the deepest undereye circles
Pssst! Have you filled out our Breaking Beauty listener survey yet? Let us know how you think we could make the show even better and you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a Sephora gift card or official Breaking Beauty swag. We’ll be accepting responses until February 22nd, 2023!
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Selfless By Hyram
- Curology Skincare
- The Lip Bar Skincare
- L’Oreal Telescopic Lift Volumizing Mascara
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara
- Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Cleanser
- Bioderma Sensibio H2o Bi-phasic Micellar
- Beautyblender Makeup Sponge
- Makeup Eraser Rounds
- E.l.f Power Grip Primer + 4% Niacinamide
- Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
- Essence Baby Blush in Peaches & Cream
- Essence Baby Blush in Rosé All Day
- Undone Beauty Water Blush Stick
- Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush
- The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser
- Live Tinted Superhue Brightening Eye Cream
- Tata Harper Restorative Eye Crème
- NYX Professional Makeup Fat Lip Oil
- Clarins Comfort Lip Oil
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick Sunscreen SPF 15
- Odele Beauty Hair Oil
- Odele Beauty Purple Shampoo
- Odele Beauty Purple Conditioner
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When you support our sponsors, you support the making of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Start a new healthy habit today. Visit seed.com/BEAUTY and use code BEAUTY to redeem 20% off your first month of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic.
Clean and luxury skincare, beauty, and wellness products at affordable prices. Head to https://dimebeautyco.com/ and use code BEAUTY at checkout for 20% off your entire order.
Micro-Cloud is only available in the US at starface.world. And for a limited time, Starface is offering all Breaking Beauty listeners free shipping on your first Micro-Cloud order.
Just enter the promo code BEAUTY at checkout.
For More Great Product Recommendations, Check Out These Past Episodes!
Ep 264 – Skin Cycling 101, Niacinamide for Newbs, UV Gel Mani News & Is My Botox Wearing Off Faster? Ft. Dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe
Ep 193 – Fall 2021 #DamnGood Budget Finds: TikTok’s Favorite Tinted Serum, A Worth-The-Waitlist “Sunscreen Foundation,” An Under $10 Bottega-Green Nail Polish & More!
Ep 260 – The Ultimate Guide to 2023 Beauty Products, Trends and Ideas You’re About to See Everywhere