Ep 264 – Skin Cycling 101, Niacinamide for Newbs, UV Gel Mani News & Is My Botox Wearing Off Faster? Ft. Dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe
February 8, 2023
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe coined the term “Skin Cycling” – an active-and-recover skincare schedule that’s earned more than 3.5 billion views on TikTok. Today, the NYC-based research scientist is here with your ultimate skin cycling explainer, including lessons in retinal (with an “a!”) and how-to work niacinamide into your routine. Plus, stay tuned as Dr. Bowe pulls back the curtain on buzzy tweakments like the latest buccal fat removal alternative for snatched jawlines, the truth about celebrity-touted Em-Face treatments and why “dermatologist tested” isn’t always as legit as it sounds.
In This Episode, You’ll Also Discover:
- The deets on Dr. Bowe’s own skin cycling-inspired range, Dr. Whitney Bowe Beauty, including how she *really* tests products
- Retinol vs. retinal vs. prescription tretinoin – why “retinal” is the one you’ll see everywhere in 2023
- These work! The at-home budget skincare gadgets Dr. Bowe recommends for puffy under eyes and TMJ
- Her top 3 personal drugstore faves for skin and hair
- Headline hot take: Is your Botox *actually* wearing off faster post Covid-19 vaccines?
- And, should you really be swearing off UV Gel manicures this year?
Psst! Complete our listener survey and you can WIN! We want to hear from YOU. Please fill out our short audience survey; respondents will automatically be entered for a chance to win a Sephora gift card or Breaking Beauty Swag. More details here!
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Cerave Healing Ointment
- Silicone Scalp Massage Tool
- Gua Sha Stone
- Jade Facial Roller
- Juvederm Volux XC
- Olive and June Press On Nails
- ManiMe Nails
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
You can grow thicker, healthier hair and support our show by going to Nutrafol.com and entering the promo code BREAKING to save $15 off your first month’s subscription. This is their best offer ANYWHERE and it is only available to US customers for a limited time.
For a limited time, Starface is offering all Breaking Beauty listeners free shipping on your first Micro-Cloud order. Just enter the promo code BEAUTY at checkout. Micro-Cloud is only available in the US at starface.world
This Valentine’s Day, get them a gift they’ll love at macys.com. You can avoid lines & order online or in the Macy’s app for pick up curbside, pick up in your nearest store, or if you’re in a real pinch: get it delivered right to your doorstep with same day delivery, powered by Doordash