Ep 267 – Are You Moisturizing Your Skin The Right Way? With Celebrity Esthetician Georgia Louise
March 1, 2023
This week we’re getting back to skincare basics to find out how-to moisturize your skin the right way. Joining us is British-born celebrity facialist Georgia Louise. With more than 25 years of experience, Georgia Louise’s “lift and sculpt” facials are a Hollywood hit among in-the-know clients like Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow and Nicola Peltz.
Georgia consulted for top brands like L’Oréal and Elemis and is the global skincare expert for La Mer. Plus, she created her own eponymous skincare range and this week the pro drops her favorite moisturizers for the driest and oiliest among us, along with her top tricks for getting the best, glow-getting results from your perfect pot of cream.
- Do you really need to wear moisturizer everyday? How about a separate SPF?
- How much moisturizer you need to be applying – and when?
- Which ingredients and keywords to look for on a label?
- Her specific moisturizer recommendations to use for your skin type, including oily and acne-prone skin
- Inspired by Georgia’s own skincare routine, how-to give yourself a mini lift-and-sculpt facial massage at home
- What Georgia thinks about TikTok’s latest “skin flooding” trend – do or don’t?
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- La Mer The Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UV Protecting Fluid
- Elta MD UV Daily Broad-Spectrum Daily Moisturizer SPF 40 – Tinted
- Elta MD UV Daily Broad-Spectrum Daily Moisturizer SPF 40 – Untinted
- Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Cream Light
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Sun Drops SPF 50
- La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Mineral Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50 – Tinted
- Suntegrity 5-In-1 Tinted Sunscreen Moisturizer Broadspectrum SPF 30
- Supergoop Superscreen Daily Moisturizer SPF 40
- Biologique Recherche Emulsion Gel Biosensible S.R.
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream Light
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- Environ Vita-Antioxidant AVST Gel
- Georgia Louise Daily Hyaluronic Cream
- Kate Sumerville HydraKate Recharging Water Cream
- Creme de la Mer Moisturizing Cream
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
- Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- Georgia Louise Hydra Repair Elixir
- Georgia Louise The Balm
- Georgia Louise Sleeping Beauty Oil
- La Mer The Hydrating Infused Emulsion
- Georgia Louise Rose Water Spray
- Georgia Louise Cryo Freeze Tools
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Making of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
The OUAI to healthy hair this season—and beyond—starts here. Go to theouai.com and use code BEAUTY15 for 15% off your entire purchase.
Get glasses that stay as fresh as your unique style with Pair. Go to paireyewear.com/BEAUTY15 for 15% off your first purchase.
For a limited time, Starface is offering all Breaking Beauty listeners free shipping on your first Micro-Cloud order at Starface.World. Just enter the promo code Beauty at Checkout. Micro-Cloud is only available in the US at Starface.World.
For More Moisturizing Tips, Check Out These Past Episodes!
Ep 182 – The Grown-Up’s Guide to Treating Adult Acne (Cystic Breakouts + Fine Lines + Scarring, Ugh!) With Celebrity Esthetician Renée Rouleau
Ep 212 – Are You Exfoliating Your Skin The Right Way? Featuring Rihanna-Approved Esthetician Sean Garrette
Ep 235 – The Ultimate Guide to Face Serums With Dr. Sam Bunting: Find The Right One for Your Skin Type, Layering Tips and How Much $$$ You Should Spend!