Ep 271 – Dr. Muneeb Shah aka @DermDoctor On Starter Skincare Routines For Aging Skin, The New Accutane-Alternative For Acne and Should You Mix Your Rx Retinol With Drugstore Moisturizer??
March 29, 2023
Dr. Muneeb Shah aka Tikok’s @DermDoctor is a board-certified dermatologist with nearly 18 million followers on TikTok. Also known as Doctorly on YouTube, Dr. Shah has built a megawatt reputation serving up skincare education, low-cost product solutions and debunking common myths that could be harming your skin. We caught up with Dr. Shah at a CeraVe event to find out how we should be changing up our skincare routines for Spring, how-to level-up for aging skin, along with his reaction to the latest “sober skin” trend – great or gimmick?
Pssst! Check us out on Tiktok where we play a fun round of “Smash or Pass” – skincare edition – with Dr. Shah.
What you’ll learned in this episode:
- Why three or four products should be the maximum in your routine
- How young is too young to start using retinol (you might be surprised by the answer!)
- Should you really squeeze your prescription retinol into a tub of CeraVe?
- The #1 mistake people are making with SPF
- What Dr. Shah personally stocks up on at the drugstore
- The in-office laser that Dr. Shah is calling an alternative to Accutane for acne – and what other benefits could be on the horizon for this fast-growing innovation
- What Dr. Shah has to say about the $3000 celeb-loved Lyma Laser
Mentioned in This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
- CeraVe Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser
- CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30
- Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Removing Foam Wash
- Lyma Laser
- AviClear Laser
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Show Partners, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
For a limited time, listeners can get 50% off your Droplette device at droplette.io and use code Beauty.
The OUAI to healthy hair this season—and beyond—starts here. Go to theouai.com and use code BEAUTY15 for 15% off your entire purchase
Dr Pimple Popper on TLC
Watch an all new season of Dr. Pimple Popper, Wednesdays at 9pm (8pm Central), on TLC. Set your DVR.