Ep 298 – #DamnGood Finds for Fall 2023: An X-Treme Lip Plumper, The Difference With Makeup Artist-Developed Palettes and Is This The Best Concealer Carlene’s Ever Tried?
September 27, 2023
Happy fall y’all! This sweater season, there’s so much pumpkin spiced latté goodness to test, we’re making this Best of Fall 2023 round up a 2-Part #DamnGoods Special! First up, Carlene presents a slew of new makeup musts, from makeup artist-developed matte palettes to extreme lip plumpers that rival injections (temporarily, of course.) Look out for our next #DamnGoods in two weeks time, when Jill shares her selection of brilliant fragrance innovations, hotly-anticipated complexion launches and a skincare drop so new, she was one of the first faces in North America to try it out.
Wearing the new Danessa Myricks Groundwork Palette for Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- A skin tech concealer so #DamnGood that it seamlessly blends under eyes *and* blurs hyperpigmentation spots
- The can’t-keep-in-stock brow gel that *actually* locks in a lifted, laminated look for hours
- A pressed finishing powder that “snatches” your eye makeup as it “bakes” in undereye brightness
- Why palettes are back, baby – and the makeup artists bringing fresh perspective to palette fatigue
- Mascara magic? A red carpet-approved formula that mimics false lashes in photos – as tested at the Toronto Film Festival by Carlene! (Click here to learn more about the L’Oréal Paris Stand Up To Street Harassment initiative we chat about in today’s episode)
Laminated brows? Nope, that’s Rare Beauty Brow Harmony Flexible Lifting Gel (also adored by Jarvis)
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Haus Labs Triclone Skin Tech Hydrating Concealer with Fermented Arnica
- Haus Labs Cruelty-Free Concealer Brush
- Danessa Myricks ColorFix 24-Hour Cream Color
- Danessa Myricks Groundwork: Defining Neutrals Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips
- Patrick Ta Major Dimension Eyeshadow Palette
- Benefit Cosmetics Fan Fest Fanning & Volumizing Mascara
- The Inkey List Tripeptide Plumping Lip Balm
- Polite Society B.I.G Mouth Lip Plumping Oil Gloss
- Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Lip Plumper
- Huda Easy Bake And Snatch Pressed Talc-Free Brightening And Setting Powder in Cupcake
- Duwop Cosmetics Lip Venom
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Ritual’s Essential for Women 18+ is a multivitamin you can actually trust. Ritual is offering our listeners 30% off during your first month! Visit ritual.com/BREAKINGBEAUTY to start Ritual, or add Essential For Women 18+ to your subscription today.
Get your fast fix for healthy-looking hair. Go to theouai.com and use code BEAUTY15 for 15% off any purchase.
Stop wasting money on things you don’t use. Cancel your unwanted subscriptions – and manage your money the easy way – by going to RocketMoney.com/beauty