Ep 209 - The #DamnGood Skin Barrier-Boosting Creams We’ll Use Forever
“Barrier Repair” is a big beauty buzzword - but what does it really mean? Today we’re bringing you a little Skin Barrier 101, along with a roundup of our #damngood skin-saving favorites.
Do you have a Sephora or Ulta gift card from Santa that’s burning a hole in your pocket? Today we’re serving up our version of leftovers – the top trending topics and products from 2021 that we have to dish about before we turn the page to 2022 😉 We review some of the hottest drops of late, from Harry Styles’ Pleasing to the Cali-themed, “clean” longwear tubing mascara that Carlene test-drove in bed.
Plus, would it even be an end-of-year wrap up if we didn’t cover a TikTok-viral hit? Jill finds out whether the Elf Cosmetics Camo CC Cream holds up to the hype, while Carlene reviews a professional hair treatment for over-processed hair that hair colorist insiders have been buzzing about. No need to get out of your jammies, just pop in your ear buds and get ready to re-start the cart.
Products Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some links below are affiliates and may earn us a commission
- Pleasing The Pleasing Pen Refreshing Eye Gel + Matte Lip Oil by Harry Styles
- Caliray Come Hell or High Water Clean Mascara
- ELF Cosmetics Camo CC Cream SPF 30
- In Common Crystal Cashmere At-Home Kit
- LolaVie Glossing Detangler
- Kora Organics Berry Bright Vitamin C Eye Cream
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
PROMO CODES: Thank you to our show partners. When you support them, you support the creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Fleur and Bee
Check out Fleur & Bee’s 100% vegan and cruelty-free line of natural skincare products at fleurandbee.com and use promo code BREAKING to get 15% off.
Supermodel, beauty mogul and philanthropist-at-heart, Miranda Kerr unravels the glowing backstory behind Kora Organics, founded in 2009. Listen in as Miranda recalls her days growing up around her Grandmother’s farm in her native Australia, where she discovered the skin-soothing magic of Noni fruit, the hero ingredient in the range. An early adopter in the clean beauty movement, Kora Organics is now sold in over 2,500 stores in 25 countries around the world, and you’ll find out how the brand is pulling up for change.
With a personal empire now estimated at $80 million, Miranda reflects on her early days as a supermodel, gracing the pages of high fashion magazine covers and the Victoria’s Secret runway before becoming a bonafide #beautypreneur. Plus, the busy mum-of-three reveals all the deets on her getting ready routine, from how-to use a Gua Sha stone to game-changing celery juice to the “clean” and conventional beauty products she can’t live without.
Stay tuned until the end, as Carlene and Jill weigh in on Kora Organics’ best-selling Noni Glow Face Oil, with a scoop on what’s coming next from the brand!
Products Mentioned In This Episode:
*Note that every product recommended by Breaking Beauty Podcast hosts is independently selected, though some products you buy through the below links may earn us a commission.*
- Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil
- Kora Organics Turmeric Brightening & Exfoliating Mask
- Kora Organics Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor
- Kora Organics Noni Radiant Eye Oil
- Kora Organics Noni Bright Vitamin C Serum
- Kora Organics Noni Supplement Powder [not available yet]
- The Chemical Maze Book
- Rahua Classic Shampoo
- RMS Beauty “Un” Cover-Up Concealer
- RMS Beauty “Un” Cover-Up Cream Foundation
- The Organic Pharmacy Cellular Protection Sun Cream SPF 50
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer
- Kosas Sport Lip Fuel Hyaluronic Lip Balm
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
- Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil Ultra Fine Shape & Define
- La Prairie Cream Blush [discontinued]
- Tower28 Beach Please Tinted Lip + Cheek Balm
- Medical Medium Cleanse To Heal Book