Ep 258 – Are You Exfoliating Your Skin The Right Way? With Esthetician Sean Garrette (Replay)
December 28, 2022
This week we’re getting back-to-basics skincare and the topic is: exfoliation! “Rihanna-Approved” esthetician Sean Garrette knows as much about beauty products as he does your epidermis. Featured in Vogue, Allure and InStyle, the New York-based facialist and newly minted Dior Beauty ambassador is making the world of skin accessible, inclusive, genderless – and stylish af (just check out his dreamy Instagram feed.)
In this episode, Sean breaks down the right way to exfoliate your skin – from the cleansers, toners, tools and tricks you need for your skin type – at every price point. Plus, we find out the under-the-radar exfoliating ingredient he recommends to his clients most, and the reason he thinks that dry brushing your face isn’t a good idea, no matter what the headlines say.
Mentioned In This Episode:
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
- PSA Skin Heroine: Mandelic & Licorice Superfood Glow Toner
- Differin Gel – Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment
- iS Clinical Active Peel System
- SkinMedica TNS Advanced + Serum
- SkinMedica Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum
- La Roche-Posay Toleraine Hydrating Gentle Facial Cleaner
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5
- Make Beauty Super Cell Deep Moisture Cream
- Make Beauty Succulent Face Wash
- Make Beauty Pre-Cleanse Fluid
- Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner
- Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water Spray
- La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
- Caudalie Grape Water Moisturizing Face Mist
- CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser
- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pore-Perfecting Cleansing Gel
- PCA Skin BPO 5% Cleanser
- Foreo Luna 3
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Start a new healthy habit today. Visit seed.com/BEAUTY and use code BEAUTY to redeem 20% off your first month of Seed’s DS-01™DailySynbiotic.
The Macy’s Mobile App is your BFF for making your beauty and fashion dreams come true in 2023. Macy’s Star Rewards Members get special features and exclusive savings sent right to their phones. Download the Macy’s Mobile App today – available for iOS and Android.
K18 Leave-in Molecular Repair Hair Mask actually reverses damage in just four minutes on all hair types. Shop K18 Leave-in Molecular Repair Hair Mask at Sephora and Sephora.com.
For More Skincare Tips, Check Out These Past Episodes:
Ep 255 – Skincare Guru Kate Somerville on Winter Skin 101, Surviving Childhood Chaos & Why Success Really is the Best Revenge
Ep 244 – Your #DamnGood Fall Beauty Shopping List: A Designer Skincare Comeback, PillowtalkDerm Rises & The Milky Fragrance We Adore
Ep 230 – Charlotte Palermino on Quitting Clean Beauty, Why Skincare Dupes Aren’t a Thing & Her First Impressions of Rhode Skin!