Ep 305 – #DamnGood Hair Tools Special! Shark Vs. Dyson, “Air” Straightening and Thermal Brushes – We Put Them All to The Test. Plus! The Under $20 Styling Must You Need to Know
November 1, 2023
Why do some of the buzziest hair tools cost $700, while others are gaining hype for a fraction of the price? Jill stacks up the Shark FlexStyle against the OG Dyson Airwrap Multi-styler, before taking the leading 2-in-1 straightening hair dryers out for a spin. Next, your daring host pops a hot brush in her brunette mane to find out whether TikTok’s latest obsession with “thermal brushes” for soft, feathered waves à la Matilda Djerf, is as dreamy and low-cost as it seems.
Finally, Carlene reveals the hot tool that she blames for her year of bad hair days. Next week, tune in to hear the 7-step hair routine she created to get her hair soft and shining again, with splurge-and-save buys that will work for every budget.
- The highly respected celebrity hairstylist bringing big cred to Shark hair tools
- Dyson AirStrait vs GHD Duet Style vs Revlon One-Step Air Straight – Jill tries them all, with varying results
- What’s up with TikTok’s thermal brush trend? Can an 80s redux hot tool really give you the brushed out curls of every Gen Z’s dreams?
- Meet the best damn curling iron that Jill has ever used
- Heatless rollers: The Less-Than-$20 hack that delivered the most
Mentioned In This Episode
*Some Affiliate Links Below*
- Dyson Airwrap Multi-Styler
- Shark FlexStyle Hair Blow Dryer & Multi-Styler
- Dyson Airstrait Straightener
- GHD Duet Style 2-In-1 Hot Air Styler
- Revlon One-Step Volumizer PLUS 2.0 Hair Dryer and Hot Air Brush
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
- GHD Curve Classic Curl Iron
- Kitsch XL Heatless Hair Curler
- Kitsch Ceramic Thermal Hair Rollers
- Kitsch Volumizing Roller Clips
- Revlon One-Step Air Straight
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
When You Support Our Sponsors, You Support The Creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Get on your OUAI to save for the holiday. Go to theouai.com for 15% off sitewide and enter promo code BEAUTY15.
Hismile is the global leading smilecare brand, providing smilecare solutions for every smile concern across whitening, brightening and everyday care. Visit hismileteeth.com and use code SMILE for up to 50% off your order.
Visit beyond-miracles.com and use code BEAUTY to receive 20% off your first order. Cellstory and MiracleTox’s MicroSpear technology is 20x finer than a micro-needling stamp, suitable for all skin types and unlike most treatments, can be used on active acne with minimal downtime.
Whatever your budget, whatever your vibe, check out macys.com/giftfinder to find the perfect present this year